I want to start by saying…OBVIOUSLY I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL. So do not expect professional quality after applying my method of nail painting.
Do expect a quality that will “get by” until you have the time (and or money) to actually get your nails done.
With that being said…Here is my secret to painting nails
1. Pick a Color and then pick a glitter color that either matches or compliments your base color.
2. Paint your base color. Do another coat. Then apply a Clear Top Coat(Mine in this photo is a pink)
3. Let your base dry. The goal is to not apply the glitter, however if you are like me, you will not allow the base color to dry therefore smudging at least 3 of your nails.
You could at this point redo the 3 messed up nails, but lets be honest, you are going to mess them up again…you will have to pee, Facebook will be in desperate need of checking, you will have to put something away and nick one of the 3 nails that were redone.
So instead of redoing your nails…do what I do.
4. Really let your nails set, BUT go about your business. Â Some are already messed up, and you may end up messing up others, but do your best to let them dry for another 30min.
5. GRAB YOUR GLITTER POLISH!
6. Apply glitter polish on all nails so that your smudged nails are hidden.
Think of Glitter Polish as the Concealer of Nail Products. It will hide mistakes!
7. Let your Glitter Dry for a bit…and VIOLA! You are ready to proudly hold a martini in your hand with Â your pinky lifted!
You are welcome!
I’d love to hear your nail tips and tricks! Feel free to comment below.