* It wasnâ€™t like School House Rock, thatâ€™s for sure! I didnâ€™t see the cartoon Bill sitting on Capitol Hill.
* I have a problem spelling Capitol. My first introduction to the word was via my credit card with CapitAl One. One day Iâ€™ll pay it off and the Countryâ€™s CapitolÂ will become the only Capitol in my life (probably not going to happen. I pay it off, then ring it up!)
* Walking through security is NOT like a TSA pat down or photo shoot (if you choose to walk through the check out my body metal detectors). On a side note, carrying The Hills Season 2 DVD in your purse makes you look immature. Making excuses for having The Hills Season 2 DVD in your purse gets you this reaction, â€œRiiiigggghhhhttâ€. (I sold it on Amazon and had to send it to the purchaserâ€¦I swear. Itâ€™s not my DVD baby)
* The inside of the Russell Building is quite possibly one of the most beautiful interiors Iâ€™ve ever seen. The marble staircases are breath taking.
* For all the controversial, over the top, matter of fact statements Iâ€™ve heard Senator DeMint say, he was very quiet when we met. It was like the Ashlee Simpson meet & greet I went to in Nashville years ago: Donâ€™t talk to her, take your picture, and move along.
LAST BUT NOT LEASTâ€¦The Gallery
Why are there so many empty desks/seats? Where were the rest of the Senators? Lunch break? Happy Hour?
And the Poor Senator that was at the podium talking to an empty room for what seemed like foreverâ€¦I want to give him aÂ hug and say, â€œI was listeningâ€¦.kind ofâ€¦for a minâ€¦â€
Do the Stenographers fingers hurt? That man talks a lot.
Who is the man that sits behind the big desk on the platform in front of the flag? He must be important.
WHY DOESNâ€™T ANYONE PAY ATTENTION TO THE MAN STILL SPEAKING? Are they updating Twitter/Facebook?Â â€œBoring day at the office, @senator_____ wont stop talking! Wrap it up @Senator_____.â€