If you hang out on Shem Creek, specifically Red’s Ice House, you may have noticed the place next door…you know the one that you used to park in because the Red’s lot was full and RB’s tows…the event space for weddings and whatnot…well it has gotten a complete make over and is now open to the public for dinner, drinks, and my future birthday party!
Last night I went to the opening and mixed and mingled with the Cool Kids, the Fashion Week Crowd, the Daniel Island Boys, the Bloggers & Media folks. Everyone showed up to check out the new HOT SPOT in Mt. Pleasant.
Why is Tavern & Table so awesome???? I’ll break it down for you.
1. Andy & Elizabeth (2 of the owners) are incredible. They are also involved with Sol in Mt. Pleasant.
*Sorry Andy we caught you mid blink*
2. They had and an HGTV star come decorate the place so it is beautiful inside. Definitely outside the norm of Shem Creek…I love Shem Creek but I never feel the need to get dressed up to go to Red’s, Waters Edge, or Vickery’s (maybe Vickery’s). I wouldn’t think of them as Date Night spots or the go to for a Girl’s Night Out. Tavern & Table offers a classy twist to the neighborhood.
3. Even though it’s classy it’s not stuffy. The staff is incredibly friendly and because you are on the water the vibe remains laid back and perfectly Charleston.
4. The outside bar FACES THE WATER! Instead of looking at the wall of the bar and having to turn around to see the water, it is right there as you enjoy your delicious beverage!
5. The food is delicious! I was all about the charcuterie last night!
This is definitely going to be the new place to see and be seen and the doors are open starting today!
Like them on Facebook CLICK HERE
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!